Easy Shorts Pattern for American Girl Dolls
With the 100 degrees temperature already hitting Phoenix, it’s time for some comfy outfits for our dolls. So I drafted a very easy pattern for shorts; it’s so simple to make, it took me less than 30 minutes to sew one. So here goes the pattern and the tutorial. Enjoy!
Please note that all seams are sewn at 1/4 inch. You can download the pattern here–> shorts-pattern.
1. Above are the two fabric pieces after cutting according to the pattern. Zigzag all edges.
2. With right sides together, sew on the sides as indicated by the black lines in the photo.
4. Sew the fabric together on the inner leg area as indicated by the black lines on the photo above.
5. Fold the top edge about 3/8 towards the wrong side and sew to make the waistband. Leave about 3/4 inch opening for feeding the elastic through. Also, make sure that the 1/4 inch elastic can fit in it.
6. Feed a 10 1/2 inch elastic through the casing. Sew the ends of the elastic together. Sew the opening to finish the waistband.
7. Hem the bottom according to how long or short you want it and you’re done.
8. For the shorts that Saige is wearing, I used a denim fabric and I topstitch it to make a faux zipper and pockets on the side.
Please LIKE, PIN or SHARE if you enjoy my tutorial.